Mr. Lochrie practices land use and zoning law in municipalities throughout Broward County. A significant portion of Mr. Lochrie’s practice focuses on urban redevelopment. Because of his substantial experience and knowledge in this area, Mr. Lochrie is able to repeatedly guide clients through the myriad of legal and practical issues associated with demanding urban development initiatives and manage the projects through all aspects of the government entitlement process. Numerous large and complex redevelopment projects involve coordination of various design professionals, creating approval strategies and working with elected officials, municipalities and various community associations.
Mr. Lochrie routinely handles comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings and platting. He assists clients in defending their property rights in the face of contrary governmental regulations and works with local jurisdictions to create more reasonable regulations.
In addition to traditional land use permitting issues, Mr. Lochrie has successfully assisted developers in obtaining contract awards from local governments through the Request for Proposal (RFP) process. Mr. Lochrie’s clients have been awarded long-term leases and have secured properties from local governments in order to develop new projects on a consistent basis. A number of Mr. Lochrie’s clients have also been assisted in effectively securing Tax Increment Financing (“TIF”). TIF has been helpful in encouraging growth within blighted areas by partnering with Community Redevelopment Agencies to provide financial assistance to developers.
- Performing Arts Center Authority (Member)
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation (Immediate Past Chair)
- Orange Bowl Committee (Board Member)
- Museum of Discovery and Science (Immediate Past Chair)
- Broward Workshop (Executive Committee Member)
- Ft. Lauderdale Chamber Downtown Council (Former Chair)
- Broward County YMCA (Former Chair)
- Jack and Jill Children’s Center (Past President)
- Fort Lauderdale Historical Society (Former Officer)
- Alzheimer’s Association of Southeast Florida (Former Officer)
- Leadership Broward, Alumni